Crowdfunding is more than just the hottest trend in fundraising — in fact, this strategy has proven itself to be a valuable way for individuals, organizations, and teams to increase their fundraising power through their online networks.
You may be familiar with some of the crowdfunding giants, like GoFundMe, but did you know there are actually a number of other crowdfunding sites that are similar — but better?
Here’s a preview of our favorite GoFundMe alternatives:
Ready to find your favorite new crowdfunding platform and start your campaign? Let’s get going, then!
Fundly’s crowdfunding platform is a top choice for any fundraising project. Both individuals and organizations can use Fundly’s simple fundraising platform to raise money for charitable causes, individual projects, medical expenses, and more.
This platform utilizes a “Keep it All” fundraising model, which means you don’t have to worry about meeting goals and deadlines in order to claim your fundraising dollars.
Similar to GoFundMe, Fundly enables fundraisers to set up personalized fundraising pages. You can upload photos, videos, and a campaign description easily on your page. Plus, you can post fundraising updates and share your page on social media.
Fundly charges a 4.9% platform fee in addition to a payment processing fee of 2.9% plus $.30 per transaction.
Why It’s Better
Here are just a few reasons we think Fundly is an obvious choice:
- Outstanding customer service. Without a doubt, Fundly’s customer service is some of the best around. If you run into an issue, their team will be there for you instantly.
- Full customization. Fundly’s interface is incredibly user-friendly and totally customizable. You can add your own logos, colors, and branding to make your page entirely your own.
- Discounts for high-raising campaigns. Planning to raise some serious funds? You’re in luck. If your campaign brings in more than $50,000, your platform rate will drop from 4.9% to 4.4%. What an incentive!
Ready to launch your Fundly? Click here to get started!
By combining classic t-shirt fundraisers with crowdfunding, Booster adds a modern twist to a fundraising staple.
Booster equips fundraisers with the tools to design, promote, and sell high-quality custom merchandise.
It’s easy to use, fun to promote, and best of all? Your donors walk away with awesome products that double as a walking advertisement for your event, cause, or project.
Setting up a Booster campaign is free. Booster subtracts their print and operational costs from your donations. Additionally, if you choose to accept donations without a shirt sale, there will be a 2.9% payment processing fee.
Why It’s Better
Here are a few more features that give Booster the edge:
- High quality products. Booster partners with CustomInk, one of the most trusted names in t-shirt design. When you set up a Booster campaign, you’re guaranteed that your donors will be purchasing the best quality products their donations could buy.
- Additional donation features. In addition to being a channel for creating and selling awesome products, Booster also allows you to accept extra donations on top (or instead) of your product sales. More opportunities for donations equal more donations overall!
- Total creative control. You can create up to five different designs or color options during your campaign, so you can really give your supporters exactly what they want. And, you’ll get full customization options through Booster’s design tool (and don’t worry — it makes anyone a professional designer, no matter your experience!
Bonus: check out Booster’s list of product fundraising ideas for more ways to make the most of your next crowdfunding campaign!
If you’re ready to set up your Booster campaign, get started today!
If you’re an artist, designer, small business starter, or other kind of entrepreneur, Indiegogo can be a great choice to bring your goals to life through crowdfunding.
Indiegogo’s platform is perfectly suited for entrepreneurs embarking on aspirational creative projects.
Fundraisers can build “Coming Soon” pages, grow their campaign through social sharing, and then sell their completed products in the Indiegogo marketplace.
Indiegogo charges a 5% platform fee as well as a credit card processing fee of 3% plus $.30.
Why It’s Better
Indiegogo was built specifically for creative fundraisers, and it’s definitely got creative features to help your fundraising dreams come true:
- Flexible goal structure. Depending on the type of project you’re funding, you can choose to work under a fixed fundraising model (All or Nothing) or a more flexible approach.
- Fulfillment support. Indiegogo continues to support your goals after you’ve completed your project. Their team can assist with manufacturing and selling your products (including connecting you with their partners, Amazon and Brookstone!).
- Open marketplace. Indiegogo’s marketplace is open to all crowdfunded products — whether they were funded on Indiegogo or elsewhere! If you need a place to promote and sell your recently-funded endeavor, look no further.
Bonus: take a look at these amazing fundraising ideas specifically for creative projects!
Interested in crowdfunding your creative project? Learn more about Indiegogo!
StartSomeGood is a crowdfunding campaign designed to help individuals, nonprofits, and other organizations or groups fundraise for social impact causes.
This platform has a more selective process for accepting campaigns, but in return, campaigns get full support from the StartSomeGood team, including promotion through their social media, newsletters, and even eBooks.
StartSomeGood uses an All or Nothing fundraising structure, so those campaigns that don’t meet their goals won’t receive their funding. This can be a strong motivator to raise funds in a short amount of time.
Submitting a project is free, but accepted projects are subject to a 5% platform fee and additional payment processing fees.
Why It’s Better
Here are a few reasons we love StartSomeGood’s crowdfunding platform:
- Personalized feedback. The customer support at StartSomeGood is hard to match. When your project is accepted, you’ll automatically receive feedback and advice from StartSomeGood’s global support team, ensuring your project is at its best from start to finish.
- High quality fundraising pages. Because StartSomeGood individually approves each campaign submission, all campaigns are vetted and held to the highest standard. It takes a little more work, but high quality content will lead to more successful campaigns.
- 96% satisfaction rate. When you partner with StartSomeGood, your campaign is almost guaranteed success. Their team will work as hard as you to design, promote, and execute a pitch-perfect fundraising campaign.
Does StartSomeGood sound like the right match for your campaign? Submit your idea here!
Plumfund is a crowdfunding platform that enables fundraisers to collect donations for virtually any kind of personal cause or project. From baby showers to travel, anyone can easily meet their personal fundraising goals on Plumfund!
Designed to make giving feel good, Plumfund is one of the most user-friendly sites to request and collect cash gifts. Fundraisers can share their stories, post photos, and accept donations all on their personalized fundraising pages.
And, Plumfund’s easy updates feature allows fundraisers to share their successes and show donors exactly where their contributions have gone!
Plumfund is 100% free for fundraisers accepting offline cash and check gifts. If fundraisers accept credit card donations, donors are subject to third party processing fees (2.8% plus $.30 per transaction).
Why It’s Better
Plumfund is one of the best online tools for personal fundraising. Here are a few of their standout features:
- Free gift registry. In addition to their free crowdfunding tools, Plumfund also equips users with the tools to set up their own free online registries for any occasion. You can add your wishlist to your campaign page, truly maximizing your donors’ options!
- Freedom from deadlines. Unlike more traditional crowdfunding platforms, Plumfund focuses less on meeting goals and more on giving gifts. That means you can keep your registry or campaign open as long as you’d like, without fear of not receiving your funds.
- Social media integration. Donors can add comments using their Facebook accounts directly to fundraising pages. Sharing a message of support has seriously never been easier!
Bonus: Raising money for your wedding or honeymoon? Check out these tips to raise even more money during your crowdfunding campaign!
Sound like the right platform for you? Set up your Plumfund today!
The options for online fundraising are almost limitless, but we think this list gives you a great place to start for your next crowdfunding endeavor.
- How to Pick a Crowdfunding Platform. Did you know that there are over 150 crowdfunding platforms in America alone? That’s a lot of platforms to choose from! This article covers 5 questions to help you narrow down your options.
- Double the Donation’s Guide to Crowdfunding for Individuals. If you need to go back to the basics, check out this in-depth guide on crowdfunding to get started.
- Fundly’s Crowdfunding Campaign Examples. Before you start your crowdfunding campaign, you should look at these Fundly campaigns that meet or exceed their goals to get inspiration for your own fundraiser.
- Crowdfunding Strategies from Booster. In order to reach your goals, you’ll need a strong strategy in place to share your campaign and spread the word about your cause. Learn how to improve your chances of success with these crowdfunding tips.
- Fundly’s Guide to Asking for Donations. Crowdfunding involves asking for donations, which can be intimidating if you don’t have any experience. These tips can help you become an expert at soliciting gifts!
Comments are closed.